Keeping you in the loop on some interesting SEO changes from Google; we’ve got your back Jack.
Google search/spam guru, Matt Cutts, recently threw the SEO world into an upheaval when he said…
So all those people who have sort have been doing, for lack of a better word, “over optimization,” or overly doing their SEO, compared to the people who are just making great content and trying to make a fantastic site, we want to sort of make that playing field a little more level.
This is related to the so-called Penguin update to Google’s search algorithm that happened on April 24, 2012.
Should you be concerned?
If we have been guiding your SEO, you will be just fine. Here’s why…
- We have always emphasized user-centric SEO – if your content looks spammy, you are doing it wrong
- One of the main purposes of our SEO is to accurately convey to machines and users what your content/site are all about
- We never engage in shady or low-quality link-building tactics and those are part of what is getting hit hardest
This update may actually help many of you as it will level the playing field some.
- 6 Changes Every SEO Should Make BEFORE the Over-Optimization Penalty Hits – Whiteboard Friday
- How To Survive Google’s Unnatural Links Warnings & Avoid Over-optimisation
(are you a fan of us on Facebook? Like our page to keep up-to-date on new changes in the Web industry)
Leave a Reply