Take your site to the next level with an Alignment
based on our years of experience building 100s of sites.
You get more than a list of things to fix, we actually will DO the actionable work.
Here's what you end up with:
- A site running much smoother, safer, and will get you more business
- Complete worklog of all that we looked at, found, and fixed
- If desired, a 30 minute call to go over what we found and did
We've never had someone feel like they didn't get their money's worth but if you feel this was even a little less value than what you paid, we'll give you a 60% refund.
Note: we review each Alignment project first to make sure we see enough things we can help you with. We don't want you spending money on this if it isn't a great investment.
What are the things we look at and optimize?
There are over 400 specific items we look at but here are some high level categories
- Google Analytics
- Google Webmaster Tools
- SEO plugin configuration and XML sitemap setup
- Site load time
- Does site have a backup and rollback system in place
- WordPress core, plugins, and themes - updates to be safely applied
Want to see an actual (partial) worklog and recommendation list?
- Installed premium backup plugin and took full backups before work began
- Changed site settings to allowing indexing by Google. The site had a major issue of blocking search engines.
- Upgraded WordPress core for better security and functionality
- Upgraded WordPress plugins and inactive themes for better security and functionality
- Reset site timezone to be EST
- Updated wp-config file
- To have correct Unique Keys and Salts for better security
- Hardcoded in the site and home URL addresses to make the admin area safer from user error
- upped the PHP memory limit to 64mb
- Activated and enabled Premium Akismet to block spam comments
- Activated and configured Google Analytics plugin to track site traffic
- Configured Google Analytics account including: fixing URL format, enabling site search, linking to Google Webmaster Tools, linking Facebook/Twitter/YouTube social tracking
- Verified site with Google Webmaster Tools for better site health analysis and site data
- Added site XML sitemap to Google Webmaster Tools
- Added "WordPress SEO by Yoast" plugin to better control Search Engine Optimization facets:
- Hid RSD and WLW links in <head>
- Added Open Graph meta of Facebook page URL,
- TwitterCard integration of Twitter account
- Google+ page linked to site
- Enabled and configured XML sitemap creation.
- Enforced trailing slash on all category and tag URLs
- Added premium plugin Video SEO that hooks into WordPress SEO plugin.
- This adds special video sitemap, mediaRSS enhancement for RSS feed
- Full support for schema.org videoObject markup,
- Snippet previews in search engine results pages with the actual video still in them
- Facebook OpenGraph tags on your video pages
- Added premium plugin Local SEO that hooks into WordPress SEO plugin.
- Changed out address listing on Contact page for one that uses this plugin and semantically formats the address for better machine readability
- Swapped out the Google Map on Contact page for a better one that also has a route feature.
- KML File and Geo Sitemap are now being generated
- Deleted unused and unneeded plugins: Google XML Sitemaps, Hello Dolly, WP Super Cache, podPress, Breadcrumb NavXT, and WordPress Importer
- Changed <title> PHP in theme to be correct format of <?php wp_title(''); ?>
- Added premium WordPress User Manual and Video plugin to allow easier on-demand learning of the WordPress CMS
- Switched out Form plugin to the premium GravityForms plugin. Recreated both forms. (many more features available)
- Deleted the /sample-page/ and /custom-homepage/ pages and redirected to the home page
- Fixed Contact Us link in header
- Fixed Donate button in header going to wrong site
- Fixed /blog/ link in footer being incorrectly written
- Took off attribution link for the plugin author on the RSS footer widget
- Fixed missing button in the footer area
- Added a site favicon based on the logo mark
- Created an automatic full-site backup schedule that runs once a week (max of 12 backups kept)
- Verified that server is taking file and database backups automatically and keeps them for the previous 7 days
- Ran a broken link check. Found 18 broken links. After fixing, scan came back all clear
- Fixed broken Facebook link on post.
- Did a mass find/replace of old url on the site that affected 714 rows in the database and fixed many broken links on the site
- Fixed display of videos on ___ page
- Added hover CSS for the header logo so it is visually apparent it is a link
- Regenerated 5 key theme background images as compressed jpegs, they totalled 3.5mb and now total 0.5mb - this will pretty dramatically help page load time.
- Resaved permalinks to clear cache
- Ran malware scan and checked site against blacklists, came back all clear
- Added PerishablePress 5G blacklist to the .htaccess file for better security hardening
- Ran database optimizer and repair through Network Solutions interface
some need to be addressed by you, we can assist in further phase
- Redo theme to make it upgrade-able. Might update the style some as well.
- Claim the correct Google+ page and add to it. Delete any old ones.
- Is there a public email you can list on the Contact page? Fax #?
- If multiple locations, add them to contact page with operating hours if applicable
- If you have Google email accounts of some kind I can add those to the Google Analytics
- Write a 155 max character meta description for the site (appears in search results)
- Add to home SEO title some keywords about what you do
- Make sure the domain name is set to auto-renew so you don't lose it. I recommend purchasing it out a few years in advance as well https://www.
networksolutions.com/manage- it/view-domains.jsp (you will need to update credit card on file)
- Add something in the right-most footer widget area (empty now) maybe Facebook fan box or list of latest posts.
- Redirect client_link to the main site or find something different to do with it that just showing main site (duplicate content issue) Should there even be a ___button in the footer?
- Actually embed this video full-width on the page
- Why does contact page list 8300 phone number and header lists 6927 ?
- Are there more Annual Reports that can be added?
- Conversion tracking in analytics for the forms
- Add and configure WP-Super-Cache plugin to make site load faster
- Add HTML sitemap for users. Link from the footer.
Start your Alignment