Guiding Principles & Policies
The universal rules, principles, and policies
we follow with every project and client
- Our standard hourly rate is $125, retainers may be available.
- Project work begins once down payment is made.
- New sites go live after receipt of final payment.
- Invoices are Net 30 unless they are a downpayment or a go-live final payment, in which case they are due before launch.
- Methods of payment: check, credit card, Bitcoin, Dwolla, precious metals, we are open to all kinds of barter, just ask (see billing options list)
- Bitcoin discount of 10%: Projects are priced in USD but if paid in Bitcoin (using current avg price USD) you are eligible for a 10% discount
How We Work
- Please call or text for important or urgent issues. To stay efficient we sometimes address emails in batches.
- We will not do spec work. If we generated designs for no-charge our prices in general would have to rise. Additionally, a very large chunk of design work is understanding you and your clients; crafting a design without a full strategy behind it is like trying to bake a cake without knowing what it should taste like or what ingredients are appropriate.
- Edits, content, or feedback sent in batches is tremendously helpful in increasing the timeliness and effectiveness of our work for you.
- Design is admittedly subjective. We do our best to take into account concerns you may have about particular design choices. In the end it is best to remember it is not about what you like or even what we like but about what resonates with your audience.
- Your site looking great across all modern browsers and devices is very important to us. That being said, we do not support IE7 or below and only provide structural support for IE8.
- We only take on work we can successfully complete and try not to over-commit, therefore we are usually booked several months out.
- Experience has shown us focusing on a project and seeing it through to completion in a short period of time is far more effective and enjoyable. We've found 6 weeks to be a great target at which to aim. This is very aggressive but also reflects the major commitment we make to your project.
- As a key partner we rely on you to help us meet the project milestones that lead to an on-schedule launch. Please commit the manpower and give us quick turnaround on approval and content needs.
- We offer unlocked contracts and prorated refunds to end service early.
- For our hosting services we can invoice at convenient intervals using several methods of payment.
- Invoices are emailed for easy online payment or printing. Invoices mailed upon request.
- 99.9% uptime guarantee. If your site is down for longer than that you may request a refund for the month.
- We are happy to provide all sorts of admin access. We respect your wishes to use and move to other service providers.