Watch as I quickly go over how to use the powerful WordPress SEO plugin by Yoast on my posts and pages.
We’ve tried many SEO plugins but none are as robust or perfect as this one by Yoast.
Learn how to use it when editing your WordPress Posts + Pages:
I’ll leave you with a couple thoughts (some were in the video)
- Highest value keywords should be towards front of tag
- Having a longer title with many keywords dilutes the strength of each keyword
- Use separators like: | – > <
- The default auto-generation on global settings page. I use %%title%% or %%title%% | %%sitename%%
- Has little SEO value but terms the user searches get bolded
- Needs to entice the searcher to click thru
- Only for your own internal use
- Only put one keyword/phrase
- Use this to remind you of where you can naturally use your keyword
/%postname%/for your permalinks (Settings>>Permalinks) or if concerned about speed and having many posts:
- This plugin also generates XML sitemaps that you can submit to Google Webmaster Tools
- Download plugin
Have questions? Send us a message or comment below!
Blake this was very helpful for me. Thanks for sharing.
Yep. i consider replacing all in one seo plugin with yoast’s, that was really helpful for me. Thanks for sharing